Quick Info About Sachin Tendulkar
|Real Name||Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar|
|Height||5′ 5″ ( 5 feet 5 inches)|
|Income||$ 2100k |
|Net Worth||$118 Millions ( 838 crores ) approx.|
Sachin Tendulkar Biography / Wiki
|Full Name||Sachin ramesh Tendulkar|
|Nicknames||Tendya, Master Blaster , Little Master|
|Date of Birth||24 April 1973|
|Birth Place||Nirmal Nursing Home in Dadar, Bombay , India|
|School||Shardashram Vidyamandir School, Dadar, Mumbai|
|College||Did not attend|
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar who is popularly known as Sachin Tendulkar is regarded as one of the greatest Batsmen in history of cricket. Also, he is the highest run scorer of all time in international cricket. As a result, he has been given many nicknames like “Little Master” , “Master Blaster” and more.
He was born on 24 April 1973 in Nirmal Nursing Home in Dadar, Bombay, India. His hometown is Mumbai and he did his schooling from Shardashram Vidyamandir School, Dadar, Mumbai.
However, he never attended College. As a result, the Educational Qualification is High School.
Sachin Tendulkar Physical Appearance
|Height||centimeters – 165 cm|
meters – 1.65 m
feet Inches – 5′ 5”
|Measurements||Chest – 39 Inches|
Waist – 30 Inches
Biceps – 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Sachin Tendulkar has height of about 5 feet and 5 inches or 165 cms. Also, his weight roughly measures around 62 kgs.
He has a Chest measuring 39 Inches , Waist measuring about 30 Inches and Biceps roughly measuring about 12 Inches.
However, the eye colour is Dark Brown and the hair colour is Black.
Sachin Tendulkar Personal Life
|Caste||Rajapur Saraswat Brahmin|
|Food Habits||Not Known|
|Address||Perry Cross Road , Bandra, Mumbai|
Sachin Tendulkar is an Indian by birth. The Zodiac Sign is Taurus. Religion followed by him is Hinduism. And, the caste to which he belongs is Rajapur Saraswat Brahmin. His current address is Perry Cross Road , Bandra, Mumbai.
His food habits are currently unknown. But, we will update it as soon as possible. However, his favourite hobby is listening to Music.
|Parents||Father – Ramesh Tendulkar|
Mother – Rajni Tendulkar
|Wife / Spouse||Anjali Tendulkar |
|Siblings||Brothers : Nitin Tendulkar (Elder) and Ajit Tendulkar (Elder) |
Sisters : Savita Tendulkar (Elder)
|Children||Son – Arjun tendulkar|
Daughter – Sara Tendulkar
Relationship & More
|Affairs / Girlfriends||Anjali Tendulkar |
|Food||Lassi, Keema Paratha, Suchi, Mutton Curry, Mutton Biryani etc….|
|Actor||Sylvester Stallone (Hollywood)|
Amir Khan (Bollywood)
Amitabh Bachchan (Bollywood)
Nana Patekar (Bollywood)
Coming to America (Hollywood)
|Song||Yaad aa raha hai tera pyar|
|Singer||Sachin Dev Burman , Bappi Lahiri|
|Restaurant||Park royal darling|
|Sport||tennis and golf|
|Cricketers||Sunil Gavaskar , Wasim Akram, Sir Vivan Richards, Shane warne, Anil kumble and many more|
|Grounds||Sydney Cricket Ground and Wankhede Stadium|
|Perfume||Comme des Garcons|
Bikes and Cars Collection
BMW X5 M
BMW X5 M50d
Salary and Net Worth
|Net Worth||$118 Millions ( 838 crores ) approx.|
Sachin Tendulkar Career & More
|Jersey Number||10 (India & IPL Both)|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm Off Spin|
|Favourite Shot||Straight Drive|
|Favourite Teams to play against||Not known|
|Nature on the Field||Calm|
- ODI – 18 December 1989 against Pakistan at Gujranwala
- Test – 15 December 1989 against Pakistan at karachi
- T20 – 1 December 2006 against South africa at Johannesburg
- IPL – 14 May 2008 vs Chennai Super kings at Wankhede Stadium
Mentor – Ramakant Achrekar
Domestic Teams : Mumbai , Mumbai Indians, Yorkshire
Career Turning Point – His first test fifty in his 2nd match against pakistan in faisalabad.
Important Records 
|Most ODI runs in a calendar year by a batsmen (1894 ODI runs in year 1998)|
|Most Test Runs ( 15,921 )|
|Most ODI Runs ( 18,426 )|
|Most number of Tests Played (200)|
|Most number of ODIs played (463)|
|First Batsmen to score a Double century|
|Most number of Test Centuries (51)|
|Most number of ODI Centuries (49)|
|Only player to Score 100 International centuries|
|Most number of ODI half Centuries (96)|
|Most number of runs in World Cup (2278)|
|Most number of half centuries in Test (68)|
|Fastest 10,000 runs in Tests|
|Most runs in a Single edition of World Cup (673 runs in the year 2003)|
|Most ODI Centuries in a Single year (9)|
|Most times to score more than 1000 runs in a calendar year (7)|
|Most centuries in world cups ( 6 in 44 innings )|
|Most number of man of the match in world cups (9)|
- First person to score a double century in One Day Internationals.
- Third highest individual score (after Sehwag and Rohit Sharma) in the history of One Day Cricket (200* vs. South Africa on Feb 24, 2010 at Gwalior).
- Highest number of centuries (49).
- Highest number of fifties (96).
- 150+ scores (5).
- Most runs in a calendar year (1,894 runs in the year 1998).
- Most centuries in a calendar year (9 in the year 1998).
- Speaking of boundaries, during the course of his historic innings of 200*, he also went on to bag the record for the most number of boundaries scored by an individual in an ODI innings (25 boundary hits).
- Most centuries against a single opponent (9 ODI centuries against Australia).
- Most boundaries (4s) scored (In his career, till date, Sachin has spanked the cricket ball across the boundary line a whopping 2,016 times!).
- Sachin Tendulkar has played the most one dayers (463 ODIs).
- Sanath Jayasuriya of Sri Lanka is behind him is 2nd place. First player to score 10,000 right up to 18,000 ODI runs.
- Most Man of the Match (MoM) awards (62).
- Highest Man of the Match awards in World Cup Matches (9).
- Most Man of the Series (MoS) awards (15).
- Another of Sachin Tendulkar’s ODI records happens to be that of the most number of consecutive matches for a team. Between 25th April, 1990 and 24th April, 1998, he represented India in 185 consecutive ODIs.
- Sachin has scored 1,000+ runs in a calendar year on 7 occasions (1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2007). This is a world record.
- Sachin Tendulkar was involved in a mammoth 331-run partnership for the 2nd wicket with Rahul Dravid (vs. New Zealand at Hyderabad on 8th Nov, 1999). Till date, this remains the highest partnership for any wicket in ODIs.
- The formidable pair of Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly scored 26 hundred-plus partnerships in ODIs. Of these, 21 century stands were for the opening wicket. Both of these happen to be world records.
- Another lesser-known record (also a world record) is that of most stadium appearances. In ODI cricket, till date, Sachin has played on 90 different grounds across the world.
- He has scored over 2,500 runs against Australia, as well as against Sri Lanka. No other batsman has managed to achieve such a feat even against a single opponent, forget about two.
- Sachin Tendulkar has scored the highest number of centuries in the history of Test cricket (51).
- On Dec 19th, 2010, he brought up his 50th Test century, which he scored against the South Africans at SuperSport Park, Centurion. In the process, he became the first, and remains the only cricketer on the planet to have scored 50 Test hundreds
- He is now the leading run scorer in Test cricket, after having surpassed Brian Lara’s tally of 11,953 Test runs in 2008.
- Sachin is also the joint-fastest to reach the coveted milestone of 10,000 runs in Test cricket (Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara both achieved this milestone in 195 innings).
- First man to reach 12,000 right up to 15,000 runs in Test cricket.
- When he stepped out onto the field in Sri Lanka to play his 169th Test Match, Sachin Tendulkar created a new record by surpassing Steve Waugh of Australia, to become the most capped player in the world in Test Cricket.
- When he scored his 49th Test century against Australia at Bangalore on 11th Oct, 2010, Sachin Tendulkar became the first Indian batsman to have scored 6 Test hundreds in a calendar year.
- He has scored centuries against all Test-playing nations, a feat achieved only by a handful of international players.
- Sachin Tendulkar also holds the record for the most number of 150+ scores in Test cricket. (He has 20 scores of 150+ to his credit).
- In the process of scoring his 49th Test hundred, Sachin Tendulkar also brought up his 11th Test century against Australia. The only person to have scored more Test hundreds against Australia is Jack Hobbs of England, who scored all of his 12 Test hundreds against the Australians.
- During his innings of 214 against the Australians, Sachin Tendulkar achieved another milestone; that of aggregating 3,000 Test runs against Australia. He became only the 3rd man in the world (after Englishmen Jack Hobbs and David Gower) to do so.
- Till date, he has won the Man of the Match award 14 times, which is the highest by an Indian, and the joint 5th highest in the world. He has also been awarded the Man of the Series award on 5 occasions.
- Sachin Tendulkar was 17 years and 197 days old when he scored his first Test hundred. He remains the youngest Indian to have scored a Test hundred. As far as the rest of the world is concerned, Sachin happens to be 3rd on the list of youngest Test centurions.
- Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid have put on 19 hundred-plus stands in Test cricket. This is a world record for the most number of century partnerships by a single pair in Test cricket.
- When he scored his 51st hundred, which was against South Africa at Cape Town, he became the first overseas batsman to have scored 5 centuries on South African soil. The previous highest was 4 Test centuries by Wally Hammond of England and Neil Harvey of Australia.
- Sachin, besides playing the most Test matches ever, is also the only player in the world to have played in 200 Test matches.
- Till date, Sachin Tendulkar remains the only player in the world to have scored 5 Test centuries before the age of 20.
- He is the leading run scorer in the history of World Cup Cricket. Recently, in the 2011 edition, Sachin achieved yet another amazing record – that of scoring 2,000 runs in all World Cup matches. He is now the only batsman in the world to have scored 2,000+ runs in World Cup matches.
- He also holds the record for the most number of runs in a single World Cup event (673 runs in the 2003 World Cup).
- Sachin Tendulkar is the only cricketer to have achieved the unique double of scoring 15,000+ ODI runs and taking 150+ ODI wickets.
- He is the first batsman to score 50 international centuries (Test + ODI).
- First batsman to score 60 international centuries (Test + ODI).
- The only batsman to score 70 international centuries (Test + ODI).
- Sachin has scored a whopping 100 international hundreds, and reached this much-awaited, mind-boggling milestone on 16th March, 2012.
- He is the only player to have scored 30,000 international runs (Tests and ODIs combined).
- Another unique record is that he is the only player to have scored a hundred on his Ranji Trophy debut, Duleep Trophy debut, as well as his Irani Trophy debut (all three being premier domestic cricket tournaments in India).
- After combining Test, ODI, as well as T20 batting records and statistics, it comes as no surprise to see that Sachin has hit the most boundaries in international cricket. Second-placed is West Indian Brian Lara, with Ricky Ponting in third.
- He holds the record for the most Man of the Match and Man of the Series awards in international cricket (all three forms combined).
- He, along with Sourav Ganguly, has been involved in 38 hundred-plus partnerships in international cricket (all three forms combined).
Awards and Achievements
- Arjuna Award in the year 1994
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel ratna in the yeaR 1997 and 1998
- Padma Shri in year 1999
- Maharashtra Bhushan Award in the year 2001
- Padma Vibhushan in the year 2008
- Bharat Ratna Award in the year 2014
- Wisdom Cricketer of the year in 1997
- Player of the tournament in World Cup 2003
- BCCI cricketer of the year in 2011
- Honorary Life Membership of Sydney Cricket Ground in 2012
- Indian Postal Service released a Stamp of Sachin Tendulkar in the year 2013.He became the second after Mother Teresa to have this in their lifetime.