Quick Info about MS Dhoni
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni
|5′ 9″ ( 5 feet 9 inches)
|$111 Millions ( 788 crores ) approx.
MS Dhoni Biography / Wiki
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni
|Mahi, MS, MSD, Thala, Captain Cool
|Date of Birth
|7 July 1981
|38 years (As of 2020)
|Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
|Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
|DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Ranchi, Jharkhand
|St. Xaviers College, Ranchi, Jharkhand
|College Drop-out . 
Mahendra Singh Dhoni who is popularly called as MS Dhoni is one of the most famous indian cricket player and he was the former captain on the Indian Cricket Team. He is considered to be one of the most successful cricket captain who has won each and every single trophy in his name.
He was born on 7 July 1981 in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. His Hometown is also Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. He did his Schooling from DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir which is located in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
However, the college he studied was St. Xaviers College, Ranchi, Jharkhand under sports quota. Due to his busy cricket schedule, he was exempted from attending college classes. MS took first semester exams at his Ranchi home & passed them. Due to his busy cricket schedule, he was not able to give the second semester exams. The college did not allow him to sit into second year until & unless he gives the second semester exams. As a result,he did not continue and started pursuing his passion in Cricket.
Ms Dhoni is called with many nicknames like MS, MSD, Thala, Mahi, Captain Cool etc.
MS Dhoni Retirement from International Cricket
Where Dhoni also commented that Thanks a lot for ur love and support throughout.from 1929 hrs consider me as Retired.
MS Dhoni Physical Appearance
|centimeters – 175 cm
meters – 1.75 m
feet Inches – 5′ 9”
|kilograms – 75 kg
pounds – 165 lbs
|Chest – 42 Inches
Waist – 32 Inches
Biceps – 14 Inches
MS Dhoni is a very strongly built person with his chest measuring 42 inches , waist measuring 32 inches and biceps roughly measuring 14 inches.
He has a height of approx 5 feet and 9 inches or 175 cms. His weight measures roughly about 75 kgs.
His Eye Colour is Brown and Hairs are Black in colour.
MS Dhoni Personal Life
|Non – Vegetarian
|Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi, Jharkhand , India
|Swimming , Football , Tennis and Biking
MS Dhoni is an Indian by birth. The Zodiac Sign is Cancer. Religion followed by him is Hinduism. His current address is Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi, Jharkhand , India.
He is a non vegetarian and his favourite hobbies include tennis,biking, swimming, football etc.
He owns a collection of exclusive bikes like the Confederate Hellcat X132, Ducati 1098, Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R, Harley Davidson Fatboy, and Yamaha YZF600 Thundercat among others.
MS Dhoni Career & More
|7 (India & IPL both)
|Right Arm fast medium
|Favourite Teams to play against
|Pakistan and Australia
|Nature on the Field
- ODI – 23 December 2004 against Bangladesh at Chittagong
- Test – 2 December 2005 against Sri lanka at chennai
- T20 – 1 December 2006 against South africa at Johannesburg
- IPL – 19 Apr 2008 vs Kings XI Punjab at Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium
Mentor – Keshav Banerjee and Chanchal Bhattacharya
Domestic Teams Bihar , Chennai Super Kings(CSK) , Raising Pune Supergiants , Jharkhand, Asia XI
Career Turning Point
His Performance in the 2003/2004 tri-nation tournament against Kenya and pakistan where he scored 362 runs in 6 matches at an average of 72.4
- Under his captaincy India won major tournaments in all the three formats like No.1 Test ranking for 18 Months. Then, the ODI world cup in the year 2011. After that, Champions Trophy in 2013 and he also won the T20 world cup in the year 2007.
- Moreover, He also holds the record for most number of centuries at position No.7 in ODI’s.
- Then, Most Sixes in International Cricket as a Captain
- Likewise, Most number of Stumpings in International Cricket
- Highest Score(183) by a wicket-keeper batsman in ODI’s
- Also, he has won most number of T20 international matches as a Captain.
- Further, he is the only captain to score a century playing at No.7
- Also, he is the first Indian wicket keeper batsmen to score 4000 runs in Test Cricket
- Apart from this, he also holds the record for Highest score of 224 by an Indian captain in Test cricket.
- And also, he is the 3rd skipper who has captained a team for more than 300 international matches. However, Ricky Ponting has captained for 324 matches and Stephan Fleming 303 matches.
- However, he is the only skipper to have captained more than 50 matches across all the 3 formats.
- Also, he became the first indian skipper to win a Test Series in New Zealand
- Moreover, in july 2018 he made a record of maximum stumping in T20 internationals.
Awards and Achievements
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel ratna in the year 2007
- Then, Padma Shri in the year 2009
- Later, Padma Bhushan in year 2018
- MTV Youth Icon in the year 2006
- Also, ICC ODI player of the year for 2 two consecutive years. To clarify, for the year 2008 and 2009.
- Then, CNN-IBN Indian of the year in Sports in the year 2011.
- Also, in the same year ICC Award for spirit cricket.
|Father – Pan Singh
Mother – Devki Devi
|Wife / Spouse
Brother – Narendra Singh Dhoni (Elder)
Sister – Jayanti Gupta (Elder)
|Daughter – Ziva
Relationship and More
|Affairs / Girlfriends
|1. Priyanka Jha
2. Lakshmi Rai (South indian actress)
3. Sakshi Singh Rawat ( Now Sakshi Dhoni)
|Chicken Butter Masala, Chicken Tikka Pizza, Sonpapdi, Gulab jamun and rasgullas
|Amitabh Bachchan and John Abraham
|Angelina Jolie and Deepika Padukone
|Sholay and Agneepath
|Blue and Black
|Sachin Tendulkar, Adam Gilchrist, Brett Lee
|Lord’s and Melbourne
|Sri Lanka and Goa
Salary and Net worth
|15 crore rupees (IPL 2019)
|$111 Millions ( 788 crores ) approx.
Bikes and Cars Collection
|1. Kawasaki Ninja H2
2. Suzuki Hayabusa
3. Confederate Hellcat
4. Norton Vintage
5. Hero Karizma ZMR
6. Yamaha RXZ
7. Ducati 1098
8. Yamaha RD 350
9. TVS Apache
10. Harley Davidson Fat boy
11. Enfield Machismo
12. TVS Dirt Bike
and Many More…….
|1. Open Mahindra Scorpio
2. Maruti SX4
3. Hummer H2
4. Toyota Corolla
5. Land Rover Freelander
6. GMC Sierra
7. Porsche 911
8. Audi Q7 SUV
9. Ferrari 599
10. Jeep Grand Cherokee
and Many more……
Dhoni has an enormous house that he owns in Ranchi, his hometown. He designed the house himself and it is worth Rs. 6 crore. Reportedly, Dhoni also owns a farmhouse in Ranchi, and has built another home in the old part of town.
Fined for post-match comments 
It is very rare you see Captain Cool MS Dhoni accusing the umpire of something. But during the IPL qualifier against the Mumbai Indians, Dwayne Smith was given out lbw in the very first over of CSK’s chase when the ball clearly appeared going down leg.
The skipper during the post-match presentation termed the decision ‘horrible’ and subsequently was fined 10% of his match fee. “I felt we lost too many in the middle. Not to forget Dwayne Smith got a horrible decision by any standards, but overall I think we need to blame ourselves, we were not up to the mark,” were the exact words uttered by him.
But he did receive a lot of support from many quarters since the decision was a shocker. At the same time, there were many who argued that as an experienced leader, he should have never questioned an umpire’s call.
Conflict of interest 
Two years ago, just ahead of the 2013 Champions Trophy in England, Dhoni was accused of holding stakes with Rhiti sports who were managing him, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Pragyan Ojha. The company denied the allegations and declared that he did not have any stakes at that particular time.
Former Cricketers were unhappy over Dhoni alleged conflict of interest as they all suggested the captain to sell his shares if he had any. Since he was leading the team in all three formats besides leading the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL, there were fears that some players would have an unfair advantage regarding team selections.
Alleged rift with seniors 
It all started in the year 2007 when he was made Captain. It was alleged that he was the reason behind Ganguly and Dravids exclusion from the ODI team for the CB series in Australia. And then ahead of the 2009 T20 World Cup, several reports claimed that there was a rift between him and the vice-captain Virender Sehwag.
He even came out with a statement to squash these rumours.”Recent reports in the Indian media of a rift between myself and Sehwag amounts to nothing but false and irresponsible media reporting,” he said.
And then during the 2011-12 CB series, he claimed that he cant play Sachin, Sehwag and Gambhir in the same team since they are slow on the field. Eventually, Sachin retired a few months later and Sehwag and Gambhir were dropped due to poor form.
Collision with Mustafizur Rahman 
The latest controversy that he finds himself in was the incident involvingBangladesh debutant Mustafizur Rahman. During the 25thover of Indias run chase in the first ODI of the ongoing series, Dhoni appeared to shove the bowler out of his way while going for a single.
Mustafizur appeared to come in the Indian skippers path deliberately as he also did the same earlier when Rohit Sharma was batting. Despite that, a section of fans believe that Dhoni shouldnt have made physical contact with the youngster.
The Indian captain was fined 75% for the incident.
The blame from Yuvi’s father 
I feel really ashamed when other cricketers come and tell me about Dhoni. Earlier, I used to think that people must be cribbing about Dhoni due to jealousy. But when the cricketers told me about him, I think I have never seen a terrible person like him ever in my life.These were the words uttered by Yuvraj Singhs father Yograj Singh recently to which Dhoni never responded.
In fact, Yuvraj took it upon himself to clear the air and revealed on Twitter that he has always had a great relationship with Dhoni. This wasn’t the first time Dhoni was accused by a players father. Earlier in 2013 during the spot fixing controversy, Sreesanth’s dad claimed that Dhoni and Harbhajan were trying to ruin his sons career.
The spot fixing Allegation on MS Dhoni 
This was undoubtedly the biggest controversy in his career and probably the one that Dhoni would have wished never to be associated with. The infamous 2013 spot fixing controversy threw up so many murky details.
Usually MS Dhoni is a calm man,but he finally broke his silence on the issue earlier this year. and said, “I know one thing, irrespective of what is there, when it comes to Indian cricket, my name keeps popping up. This has been settled, but again something new will pop up. It keeps popping up. I am quite used to it. If there is nothing, some speculative story comes up, big or small. I have to keep dealing with all these things. It is [just] the end of one story, something else may start in a couple of days’ time, and you can monitor it.”
- Also, He is the most sponsored athlete in India
- His biography is named M.S Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Moreover, He was the most expensive player in first IPL Auction
- Dhoni is the only player to win the ICC Player of the Year award twice
- MSD has a huge collection of bikes (more than 23)
- He is the most successful Indian cricket captain
- MSD has higher net worth than Sachin Tendulkar
- However, he was born in middle caste rajput rulers
- He was first seen as a Goal keeper by KR Banerjee who was the cricket coach at his school. So, later he asked him to try once in wicket keeping
- However, in the year 2002 when dhoni was trying for place in team india, he fell in love with a girl called as priyanka jha. But, unfortunately she died in an accident in the same year.
- His consistent performance was ignored by east zone selectors.After that, he moved to west bengal and started working as Ticket Collector in Kharagpur Railway Station for almost 3 years
- However, his live took a turn in the year 2004 when he was selected for India tour of Kenya and Zimbabwe, where he performed really well
- He was out for a DUCK on his ODI Debut against Bangladesh on 23 December 2004
- However, Dhoni made his First ODI century against Pakistan in which he made 148 runs from just 123 balls
- Dhoni was a Huge fan of John Abraham. So, he used to keep Long Hairs
- In the year 2006, he was voted as MTV Youth Icon
- It was Sachin Tendulkar who suggested his name for India’s Skipper in the year 2007
- He is considered to be one of the best Finisher.
- Dhoni had learned “The Helicopter shot” from his childhood friend Santosh Lal
- In the year 2012, he was declared as one of the top most earning sportsmen by Forbes Magazine
- He also owns a Hotel in Ranchi called as “Mahi Residency“
- Dhoni has Two dogs Named Zarah and Sam
Also Read About Salman Khan